Zenobia Awada of Mayor Bings office & Congressman John Conyers presents Dad’s Club Inc. with the Community Achievement Award .
The Mission of this organization is to allow God to empower us as men , to develop comprehensive programs which can be utilized into a “ rite of passage” for our youth in the areas of socialization , education , and empowerment through a mentorship initiative. Dads Club Inc. will help to strengthen the bond which is currently void in many children’s lives.
Dad’s Club Inc., was established and founded by seven men whose bond formed at Cornerstone Schools in Detroit. Initially, several programs and events were developed specifically to assist in enhancing our children Spiritually, Emotionally, Educationally, and for overall character building. The programs included Mentoring, Tutoring and Sports Activities intended to create a safe learning environment. Some of the events produced were the Annual Father Daughter Dance, “Boys Night at the Palace”, Parents Night Out, and an end-of-the-year Carnival. Dad’s Club also focuses on community initiatives which will help empower not only our children, but also inspire the community. Over the past 6 years, the organization has grown and engaged more fathers in the program.
“Getting fathers involved and engaged within their children’s lives is the most important thing we do.”
The statistics are staggering:
- Children who grow up without fathers are more than twice as likely to be incarcerated.
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes.
- 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes.
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes.
- Kids living in single-parent homes or in step-families report lower educational expectations on the part of their parents, less parental monitoring of school work, and less overall social supervision than children from intact families.
- 70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes.
- Children from low-income, two-parent families outperform students from high-income, single-parent homes. Almost twice as many high achievers come from two-parent homes as one-parent homes.
- The likelihood that a young male will engage in criminal activity doubles if he is raised without a father and triples if he lives in a neighborhood with a high concentration of single-parent families.
In communities across the country, children are being victimized by the lack of support needed to lead a healthy life. The deliberate absence of fathers has created an epidemic of several negative social issues that lead back to children not having fathers in the home or being a part of their life growing up.
Dads Club Inc. identified this need and has started a grass root effort to mobilize fathers and partner with the community to engage fathers in their children’s life; in addition to supporting the entire family unit.
“It is of vital importance that we encourage, embrace and empower fathers to ensure they are doing everything they can to be a good dad, such as being employed, spending quality time and maintaining a healthy relationship with the mother of their children.” – Indicates William Hamblin – Dad’s Club Inc. Member
Dads Club, Inc. is committed to uplifting and supporting the community by engaging fathers, creating opportunities and providing the environment for fathers to flourish and be there for their children.
20411 W. 12 Mile Rd. Suite 200 Southfield, MI 48034 /1-877-834-2696 / dadsclubinc.net / firstname.lastname@example.org